Having fun understanding all the stuff that goes into a fire simulation and the combustion algorithm ( Pyro Solver as called in Houdini )...As someone who has never done fluid and fire sims, it can be pretty daunting, but after some time, the pieces start to make sense
here are a bunch of different tests I made. A lot of wrong stuff here but you can see the process of playing and learning the parameters. I find those to be way too noisy, and too fast and linear in speed
I still have trouble tweaking some parameters (namely Drag, Dissipation, Disturbance,...)
In the end it all come to doing a lot of iterations and seeing what each parameter does. It can be scary how a small change can give a completely different look, but that's the beauty of it I guess !